Recent Reviews

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive

Sunday, January 23, 2011

In My Mailbox #2

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at the Story Siren :)




This week I got from the library:

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers - a Canadian YA read nominated for the White Pine award.

Swim the Fly by Don Calame - another White Pine nominee. I have to type out an excerpt from the back of this one...

Matt Gratton and his two best friends, Sean and Coop, always set themselves a summer-time goal. This year's? To see a real-live naked girl for the first time. As far as Matt is concerned, they'd have better luck finding the lost city of Atlantis.

lol! This sounds like a fun boy read.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - Yes, I still haven't read this one.

White Cat by Holly Black - I tried to read this when it first came out and it just didn't do it for me at the time. I have Red Glove as an ARC so I thought I'd try White Cat again. I do love everything else Holly Black has done, so she's worth another shot.

I also got some lovely books from Scholastic but as I am at home, I can't quite remember what they were. Still, looking forward to reading those.

Didn't buy a single book this week - I have plenty to be getting on with (though I am rather tempted by Other Words for Love... 80s romance in Brooklyn? So there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...