Recent Reviews

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive

Saturday, January 15, 2011

In My Mailbox #1

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at the Story Siren :)

This weekend I was fortunate enough to attend a great Teen Librarian conference in Ottawa put on by CLASY (Canadian Libraries Are Serving Youth) and the CLA. I met lots of awesome people serving teens and got some books to boot!


I got to meet Deborah Kerbel, YA author, and received Lure, her latest novel. It's a ghost story and sounds fantastic. I can't wait to read it.

A panel spoke about trends in teen literature and booktalked their favourite picks of 2010. The Way It Is by Donalda Reid was a pick and when I spoke with the panelists afterward and thanked them for talking about Canadian reads, they insisted that I take the book to try myself. It takes place in a small town in the 60s and apparently has an amazing romance. Yes please!

While we were in Ottawa, I stopped into Chapters (shocker) and picked up Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You by Peter Cameron - on sale! - and Gravity Brings Me Down by Natale Ghent. My library system is fortunate enough to be having Ms. Ghent visiting with us shortly and I volunteered to show her around. Embarrassed at having read none of her books, I bought The Odds Get Even as an e-book and her first YA title in paperback. Yay Canadian authors!

Finally, downloaded a bunch of e-galleys from the lovely people at Simon and Schuster including Red Glove (you're jealous, I know). While I didn't love White Cat I'm hoping Red Glove will be a better fit for me. The other one I'm really looking forward to is Boyfriends with Girlfriends by Alex Sanchez.

What did YOU get this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...